CLASS: Small Business Accounting
Understanding accounting for small businesses is one of the keys to growth and success of your business, and our regular seminars can provide you with the accounting knowledge you need. You don’t have to be an accountant to keep the financial records of your business, but you do have to understand the principles of accounting and how to use those numbers to help your business grow and prosper. Keeping current and accurate financial records will help make “tax time” a little less anxiety producing. This class will help you understand those accounting "buzz words" that accountants use to talk about your business health. Learn how to easily create an income (profit and loss) statement, a balance sheet, and a cash flow forecast. Learn to understand what all of the financial records mean. This business seminar will also show you how to maintain tax records as simply as possible ever with changing tax regulations. You will learn how to help make business decisions directly from your financial numbers.
- Basic Financial Terms
- Basic Financial Records
- Cash Flow Budgeting
- Ways to Control Cash
- Why Keep Records
- Setting Up Your Records
- How to read and understand your financial statements
- Estimating your cash flow needs
- How to make a realistic budget
- Why you need to keep records
- What records are important to keep
What People Are Saying About This Class:
- “Great tips and anecdotes to elucidate the practical points”
- “Fantastic presentation and great examples. A must class to attend”
- “I liked the information on contractor vs. employee"
- "It was awesome! I took an accounting class at San Jose State and wish they would have given us a presentation like this instead of treating it more like a math class!"
- "More great information from SCORE to help me establish my business. "
Registration Fee: Free
This is a video conference class. The password protected link to join will be included in the registration confirmation email.
If you have trouble registering, send an email to email@example.comCLASS: Small Business Accounting
Date and Time
Thursday May 11, 2023
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT