CLASS: The Basics of Contracts
No matter the service or industry, business is all about relationships. Without relationships, there would be no transactions. In business, those relationships are often formalized and governed by contracts. Every small business owner can benefit from knowing the basics of how contracts work.
In this presentation, business attorney Kimberly Hanlon will cover the most important things you need to know about contracts in plain-English. She will also provide a handy guide you can take with you to reference the next time you are getting ready to nail down your next business agreement.
In this presentation, Kimberly will cover:
- What is (and isn’t) a contract?
- What are the minimum requirements for a contract?
- What things can never be a contract?
- When does a contract have to be in writing?
- Can an oral (unwritten) contract be enforced?
- What are the steps to documenting an agreement informally?
- When can I use an informal agreement process?
- When should I seek legal help?
Presented By: Kimberly Hanlon
Kimberly Hanlon is one of the founding attorneys at Lucere Legal, where she serves business owners and entrepreneurs with business law and litigation matters. She is also the author of The Minnesota Small Business Owner's Legal Survival Guide. She has been awarded with a Women in Business Award, an Up and Coming Attorney award, and she has been named a Super Lawyer's Rising Star for four years. She is married to her wonderful husband Richard, and in her spare time she loves to travel (at least before COVID-19 times), read, and to do fun and creative projects.
SCORE Twin CitiesCLASS: The Basics of Contracts
Date and Time
Tuesday May 23, 2023
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT